September already? Summer where did you go?! As the leaves start to change color and our patients begin heading back to school, the events in our communities have started to shift. Gone are the days of lake and summer festivities, and here to replace them are Friday night lights at the stadium, school fundraisers, and some fun fall-inspired outdoor events! We’d like to wish all of our patients heading back to school a safe, fun, smile-filled school year. We hope to see you around at the many events going on this month!
- September 7th, 2019: Free Family Movie at the Oddysey Grand 8 Theatre @ 10:00 AM –> Come watch a free movie the first Saturday of every month with your family! Kick back, relax, and enjoy the show.
- September 7th, 2019: Vintiques Classic Car Show @ 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM –> Spend your day in downtown Watertown checking out over 400 classic cars. Make sure and stop for some for some delicious coffee or food at the surrounding restaurants, and pop into your favorite boutiques to do some back to school shopping!
- September 13th, 2019: Arrow Education Foundation Annual Tailgate Supper Fundraiser @ 5:00 PM –> Join the Arrow Education Foundation before the WHS Homecoming Football game for some food to help support the AEF’s mission to “genuinely enhance educational opportunities for students”.
- September 21st, 2019: 25th Annual Watertown Radio Chili Cook-Off at Bramble Park Zoo @ 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM –> Come hungry, leave full! Sample over 20 recipes of chili while checking out our awesome local zoo. If you choose to enter there are trophies and prizes up for stake!
- September 1st, 2019: McCrory Gardens Party on the Porch –> Every Sunday in September bring your family and a blanket to enjoy an afternoon on the porch with live music, local food, and more! Come indulge your senses on Sundays- starting at 1:00 PM. Note: this is an outdoor event
- September 20th, 2019: SDSU Family Weekend –> The University welcomes all family members to attend and enjoy the activities on campus. Moms, dads, grandparents, family friends, even your younger siblings (who we hope will be Jackrabbits, too) are welcome to attend!
- September 20th, 2019: Sensory Friendly Play at the Children’s Museum of South Dakota –> Enjoy a private event for families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder at with sensory friendly play. This is an opportunity to experience, discover, and play at the museum in an inclusive and accepting environment. (Limit of 100 guests)
- - Sunday September 23rd, 2019: Fresh Farm Pizza with Good Roots Farm & Gardens –> Enjoy handcrafted pizzas with your friends and family at Good Roots Farm. Bring a blanket, some chairs, and a table if you have one. Choose your toppings and enjoy the fresh outdoor air while you wait for your personalized pizza.
- Saturday September 14th, 2019: You and Your DNA –> Come check out this seminar at the K.O. Lee Public Library sponsored by the Aberdeen Area Genealogy Society. Speakers include a Licensed Genetic Counselor from Avera Hospital Systems, a genealogist from the SD DAR, a representative from the SD Genealogical Society, and an independent speaker with the topic of “Finding Cousins with your DNA”.
- Friday September 20th, 2019: Celtic Faire & Games –> This is a family-friendly festival held in the Richmond Youth Camp. It provides an exciting opportunity for all individuals who have interest in Celtic heritage, history, arts, sports, dance, music, food, merchandise, livestock and dogs breeds. Everyone is welcome to attend no matter their heritage!
- Saturday September 21st, 2019: SPURS Barn Dance and Benefit Auction –> What is SPURS? It’s one of the oldest and largest therapeutic horseback riding centers in South Dakota. Come kick up your heels in the Big Red Barn and support a great cause! Individual tickets sell for $20, or family tickets for $40.
- Saturday September 29th, 2019: Living History Fall Festival –> Celebrate the end of the summer season at the Granary Rural Cultural Center! There will be family activities, live music, historic demonstrations, food, and free trolley rides.
- Friday September 27th, 2019: Homecoming –> Come out and celebrate our local team!