Happy November! The leaves are falling and it’s clear that winter is on it’s way. There are many family-friendly community events going on this month to help celebrate the upcoming holidays. Bundle up, grab some hot cocoa, and enjoy!
And November goes,
Just like that October is over and we’re welcoming the month of November. This month welcomes the start of the Holiday season- the most wonderful time of the year! There are many fun indoor and outdoor events this month- so dress warm, bring some hot chocolate, and enjoy all of the happenings in yWith the last red berries
And the first white snows.
With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.
The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring.”
- Clyde Watson
- November 3rd, 2019 (12:00- 3:00 PM)- 9th Annual Bridal Showcase @ Dakota Event Center. Visit a variety of vendors to make your wedding day unique and personal in every way! Admission is free!
- November 17th, 2019 (7:00 PM)- The Oak Ridge Boys @ Aberdeen Civic Arena. Come listen to the Oak Ridge Boys perform all of their beautiful hit songs you know and love. Sing, dance, and enjoy listening to all the beautiful light-hearted lyrics with their four-part harmonies. The whole family will love this fun and exciting performance with the classic songs of a cherished era.
- November 22nd, 2019- The Annual AG Appreciation Banquet @ The Event Center. This event is our way to thank the farm and ranch families in and around the Aberdeen area for their hard work and dedication to the industry, as well as their patronage of area businesses. The year’s event will feature a steak dinner and entertainment by John King, who opened for the Brother’s Osborne at the 2019 Brown County Fair.
- November 1st-3rd, 2019 (7:00- 9:30 PM)- Chasing Manet @ Oscar Larson Performing Arts Center. The Brookings Community Theatre presents Chasing Manet, an inspiration message at its core concerning the potential that lives in us all, no matter what the barriers, to defy expectations and take action to attain our dreams.
- November 4th, 2019 (2:00 PM)- Science Sunday @ The Children’s Museum of South Dakota. This class is held every Monday and will ignite your wonder with hands-on experiments and explorations. As a family, you’ll uncover the secrets of science! Feel free to drop in, there’s no registration necessary!
- November 29th, 2019 (5:30 PM)- Brookings Critical Mass Bike Ride @ Spoke N’ Sport Bikes. Bring your bike for a relaxing ride around the Brookings community. This event is held for all ages to celebrate and encourage cycling in our community. Critical Mass Bike Ride aims to raise the level of awareness of cycling and it’s used as a leisure activity, a sport or means of transportation. So strap on a helmet, a good pair of shoes and enjoy the ride!
- November 30th, 2019 (4:00- 8:00 PM)- Festival of Lights @ Downtown Brookings. Come celebrate the holiday season with the 24th annual parade of lights! This celebration brings together the entire community for lots of lights, hot chocolate, and your favorite holiday tunes! Come help kick off the Holiday season!
- November 5th, 2019 (6:30- 9:00 PM)- True Girl Pajama Party Tour @ Cornerstone Church. This event is for moms and their 7-12 year old girls. Grab your favorite cozy onesie and a bowl of popcorn for a fun night in. With live music, a fashion show, interactive games, and practical Bible teaching, this is one party you won’t want to snooze at!
- November 20th, 2019 (7:30- 9:30 PM)- A Twisted Christmas Carol @ Town Players Theatre. Come spend the night watching a spoof on Charles Dicken’s “A Christmas Carol”.
- November 22nd, 2019 (5:30- 11:30 PM)- LATI Festival of Trees @ Watertown Event Center. Individuals, businesses and corporations donate beautifully decorated Christmas trees, wreaths or holiday ensembles to the auction, as well as other unique packages. There is a live auction as well as a silent auction- each unique gift donated to the event provides fun and excitement for guests, and makes this event a crowd favorite each year!
- November 29th, 2019 (6:30- 7:30 PM) Downtown Holiday Lighted Parade. This event kicks off the Holiday season every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving. What better way to kick off the holiday season than a parade? This event offers something for everyone. Santa makes an annual appearance while the beautiful lighted floats make their way through main street.
- November 9th, 2019- Snow Queen Contest @ Milbank High School
- November 30th, 2019 (5:30- 6:30 PM)- Parade of Lights. This event will be held on Main Street. Be sure to dress warm and get ready to pick your favorite entry- prizes will be won based on People’s Choice!